This is a great project if you are new to working with leather.
- Leather scrap (min 6″ x 2″)
- 1 x 8mm rivet
- Small eyelet
- Rotary cutter and self-healing mat
- Leather hole punch
- 8mm rivet setter
- Eyelet setter
- Double sided tape
- 1. Using a rotary cutter and mat, cut 2 pieces of leather 6″ x 1.5′ and .5″ x 3″
- 2. Place a slim (1/4″) piece of double sided tape along the short edge of the leather.
- 3. Carefully match the short edges of the leather.
- 4. Position the join at the back of the bow, and pinch into an attractive bow.
- 5. Wrap the leather around the bow tightly.
- 6. Hold in place tightly and use a leather punch tool to make a hole in the front and centre of the bow.
- 7. Push the rivet into the bow, place the rivet cap on securely, and trim the tail at the back.
- 8. Set the rivet by placing the curved anvil up and centering the back of the bow and rivet over the anvil. Place the setting tool on top of the rivet and strike with the hammer.
- 9. Use the leather punch tool to make a hole in the back of the bow (1/4″ from the edge of the leather).
- 10. Push the eyelet through the hole.
- 11. Set eyelet with eyelet setting tool.
- 12. Attach keyring chain by using pliers to open and close the jump ring.
There you have it – a quick and easy project that looks great!